Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Promoters Life


If you ask yourself why Promoters demand so much from people...

They don't get paid vacation, they don't get paid sick days, they don't get bonuses for outstanding Hospitality nor for Christmas. They don't have insurance plans nor do we qualify for unemployment. They sacrifice their family on special days so that they can bring happiness to others. Illness or personal affairs are not excuses for bad hospitality.

Also, our appearance of clothing and being clean cut becomes expensive and needs to be compensated for along their invested time to prepare to be in sync with the club and the time they have to spend at the event.

They don’t get paid hourly nor salary and only given a 2 hour window opportunity to get paid every day.

Personal: I don’t get paid for how many invites or how long my guest list is. I don’t get paid for advertising the club and making people aware of what nights they are open. I don’t get paid hourly when I work the streets whether it is tourist or local areas. My parking is not validated nor my gas is a tax write off. I get paid for every person that walks through the door between the times of 11-1

My “JOB” is to bring people to the club as my guest, as simple as that. Now I want to think about everything else I do:
  • ·         Free entry
  • ·         Priority entrance
  • ·         Drinks / shots
  • ·         VIP
  • ·         Host
  • ·         Dance

Then think about the times when you come after the cut off time! At the time frame in which I don’t get paid no more. I still go out my way to show my hospitality and take my time out of what I’m doing and make sure you still get in, and get taken care of.

I don’t any extra commission or tip for everything “EXTRA” I do, I don’t get a raise or a bonus for my return guest nor hospitality.

Now think about your actions to me:
  • ·         When you RSVP and don’t come, I don’t receive a courtesy call/text – think about the patience I display just to get stood up
  • ·         I don’t own nor run the door of the club – so why are you getting mad at me and no longer support me for what you may have been wrong for
  • ·         Clubs are 21+ for a reason and you know this, so why bring an underage person and try to beg me to tell them to let her in and always say “they’re not going to drink”
  • ·         If I’m dressed to impress, you know how bad you make me look when you or your friends look not as good
  • ·         I get you in free to the clubs 99% of the time – so why does it become a problem when you have to pay that one time and again it’s my fault (not considering everything I offer when you get inside is not of value)
  • ·         And last but not least, where is the “thank you”, “I appreciate you” “I will support you” – where is the referrals and recommendations?


So next time you ask, remember that Promoters are promoters because of the love of Hospitality, but that love doesn't pay debts. Happy Promoter’s Day!!
 










 
 
 
*respect the Promoters*

No comments: